Saturday, February 16, 2008

There's never a dull moment, really.

I was busking at Park Street, Red Line. The busker's spot is on the center platform; there's a platform on either side of the tracks as well (in case anyone's reading this who is unfamiliar with the station).

On the Ashmont/Braintree platform, a man was pacing around, talking to nobody I could see, becoming somewhat agitated. This is not an unusual occurrence. Although it's difficult to hear that far, I got the impression that he was becoming impatient for his train.

So then he went over and hit the emergency call box that is a direct line to the T police. I heard the dispatcher answer, and the dialogue went a little something like this:

Guy: When will the next train to Ashmont be at Park Street?
Dispatcher: (answer, suggestion that this was not really an emergency)
Guy: DON'T YOU KNOW I'M A GOD???

Then the train came.

So there we have it; proof that even a god can't make the MBTA run on time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good one!
And thank you for explaining how the space is at that station for the benefit of readers like me!

All the best,

Saw Lady (NYC subway busker)
www.SawLady.com/blog

Fiddler said...

I'm so pleased people are still reading despite my extremely sporadic updates!