Thursday, July 06, 2006

I was playing at South Station, and a woman came up and said, in a charming Latina accent, "You touch my heart."

*~*~*~*

In the space of a short time in the Public Garden, I saw a man wearing one of those traditional Chinese cone-shaped hats (he did not appear to be of Chinese descent), a young man with a large blond Afro wearing a bright orange stocking cap perched on top of it, and a small child run out in front of a motorcycle cop.

I'm not sure which of the three was the greatest cause for concern.

*~*~*~*

I committed a breach of performance etiquette and took a cell phone call while I was busking, during which two people tipped me. Um.

*~*~*~*

On the Fourth, I played in the Public Garden with an emphasis on the American side of things, with folk songs and patriotic songs and American fiddle tunes. I'm not sure anyone else found it as amusing as I did, but "76 Trombones" lies surprisingly well on the violin.

*~*~*~*

I was playing "Chicken Reel" in Back Bay, and a woman came up and said, "I had walked by, but I heard that and thought 'This woman deserves a dollar.' You're funny."

At last, "Chicken Reel" gets its due.

*~*~*~*

No comments: