Sunday, July 30, 2006

Lovely day for busking today. Mid-70s, sunny, and the tree I often play under seems to have been trimmed a bit so it only hit me in the face a couple times.

*~*~*~*

A small boy named Jack asked in a very tiny voice if I would play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Of course I did. I hope he starts taking violin lessons; I should have thought to ask if he does or intends to. He's old enough for Suzuki.

*~*~*~*

I make it a point to try to thank everyone who tips me. I have discovered that it takes some time, while I'm playing, for the language part of my brain to kick in, especially if I'm trying not to let it affect my playing. So if I see a tip coming, I can get out an audible "Thank you!"

If it's snuck up on me, it can range anywhere from a very soft "thank you" to an overly loud "THRAWK YURGH!"

Perhaps the Fiddler needs to work on multitasking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that you mentioned "Ashokan Farewell" before on this here blog. Just heard a wonderful version of it for mandolin, which I am trying to learn. My question is (a stupid one)-- how do you pronounce "Ashokan"? Thanks!